Friday, March 27, 2009

Trip to Banue (Philippines part 4)

This is the part of my trip where I almost died! Oh yeah! I was on the brink. Did I mention before that there are no straight roads in the Philippines? I know I did, anyway that's where my near death experience comes in. We took a trip up to Banue where they have 2000 year old rice terraces. It was an 8-9 hour trip. A lot of slowing down and speeding up, bumpy crazy roads, and of course some killer switchbacks! I don't do well with motion anyway but this was crazy! When we got to the hotel I couldn't even sit up, let alone walk. It was all I could do NOT to toss my cookies :( I was pathetic, it really wasn't pretty. I had to get help out of the car and up to my room. I was a lovely shade of green. I did however live to see another day, yay! After a good night's rest (and a lot of medication) I emerged in the morning for another day of fun and adventures.
I think Benny thought that I had a weak constitution because when I came down the next morning he was pushing for me to buy a walking stick from a cute little lady in the lobby. I'm pretty sure that he thought I was a huge wimp and that he would have to push me all the way. (BTW he wasn't pushing a walking stick on Wendi or Erik!) So in the pictures you can see the famous walking stick and the cute little lady who sold it to me also. (She jumped in the picture in front of the hotel. The Filipino's love to have their picture taken!)
It was an amazing place and I'm glad that I didn't die :) and was able to see it.


2 comments:

Joanne said...

love all the pics, glad you had fun!

Keersten said...

It must have been so amazing to see. The rice terraces are beautiful. What a cool experience (Aside from the nasty toilet and super carsick-ness.)