Thursday, March 26, 2009

Philippine Trip

I had the amazing opportunity to go and visit my parents in the Philippines all by myself. That's right! No husband or kids, I left them here in the inversion, cold and snow and ran away for almost 2 weeks! Needless to say it was hard to leave them, but I had a FABULOUS time! I had so many adventures and it was difficult to pick just a few pictures to share. I left the end of January and got back on February 8th. I had a few days by myself with Mom and then Wendi and Erik joined us for the rest of the time.

THINGS I LOVED ABOUT THE PHILIPPINES:
*The beautiful people (especially the children, so adorable!)
*The fresh mango's, pineapple, and banana's
*Mango shakes!
*The weather and how green everything was
*Seeing Mom and Dad and hearing of their day to day adventures
*Just being able to be there and see all new things

THINGS I DID NOT LIKE ABOUT THE PHILIPPINES:
*The horrendous traffic in Manila
*The noise
*That there is not a straight road to anywhere!

The first day I got to experience the fresh market. It is outdoors with a roof overhead and you go there to get fruits, veggies, and meats. No FDA there to regulate things so you could find just about anything there out in the open. Fish of all kinds, including sting rays and eels. Chicken, goat, beef, or pork which they would cut (or kill if needs be) to your specifications! It was an eye opener and the first of many adventures! We picked out fish for dinner that night and Benny (my parents driver and basically do it all guy) cooked it up for us. It was delicious!

2 comments:

Yolanda said...

What a wonderful experience! That is awesome that you got to spend time with your parents so far away. Good memories!

The Milletts said...

Good for you!!! That sounds amazing! Haven't senn you all in so long but it looks like your doing great! Keep in touch!