Friday, January 2, 2009

15th Wedding Anniversary


Troy and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary this November. We decided to go all out and go on an adventure together. For those of you who know Troy this is truly a monumental thing! He even took 2 days off of work! Incredible I know, and we had an incredible time. Troy had been to San Antonio twice before with Ballet West and always wanted me to see the city. We went the first week of December and so everything was lit up for the holidays. It was so beautiful at night, almost like a fairyland because of the lights. We saw the Alamo, the Tower of the America's, Market Square, and spent a lot of time on the River walk. The River walk is like a little city of it's own. It is a collection of restaurants, shops and hotels along the San Antonio river. It sits below the city and there are 100 year old trees and beautiful flowers that line the banks. There were caroler's out at night and mariachi bands. I loved to watch the boats of people that went by. My favorite was a boat of Nun's. There were 2 Nun's that were obviously younger and enjoying the ride FAR more than the other's who sat quietly with no expressions. The other 2 were squealing and pointing at everything, they clearly do not get out much. We had mouth watering Mexican food at Casa Rio on the River walk, and also at Mi Tiera at Market Square. Mi Tiera seats about 600 people and has a scrumptious bakery in the middle of it where you can buy any Mexican pastry that you have ever heard of, and many more that you haven't. SOOO YUMMY! There were always tons of people there milling around the bakery case. The one picture I got was just a small brief opening in the crowd that happened and a split second after I snapped the picture it was gone again. The restaurant is decorated with so much stuff that it is sensory overload but a lot of fun, and the food is delicious! It is a great city to visit and I highly recommend it, especially at Christmastime. I really do love my husband and was so glad that I got him all to myself for 4 days! Thanks Honey for 15 fabulous years and here's to many more!


I tried to get a picture of how beautiful it was on the River walk at night. This was as close as I could come with my camera. It really was like being in another world!


7 comments:

Rich and Brianne said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you got to go on such a fun trip for your big anniversary!

Jodi said...

I have always wanted to go there! My parents went a few years back and also loved it. Happy Anniversary! Has it really been that long?

Brian and Melissa said...

It looks like you had a ton of fun. I am so glad that you were able to go. I hope you have a great New Year and we need to get together!!!

Joanne said...

the lights at night do look amazing! glad you both had fun.

The Milletts said...

Hey you! It was so good to hear from you! This is so much fun! I am really excited to be able to better keep in touch! Good job on 15 years!!!!!!!!!

Our Family said...

I remember your wedding day. Can't believe it's been that long though. What a fun trip. Do you get to getaway every year now?

Kim said...

Hey, good to hear from you! This will be so fun to keep up on what everyone is up to! I finally got some pictures on ours, and it's pretty much up to date. Sounds like you had a great anniversary! Congrats! Tell your family "hi" for us.