Monday, September 15, 2008

Kindergarten Big Boy


My baby started Kindergarten today, August 5th. Although Nicholas is adamant that he is not a baby anymore! He tells me that he is practically a grown up! Well our big boy is so excited and could hardly wait. Conner started a week ago, and it has been pure torture (his words exactly) to wait a whole week to start Kindergarten. He is so thrilled to be going to "Conner's school" and really didn't want to wait another minute. You can tell by the picture above. Look at his hand and the way he is standing. He was saying "Mother, I want to go now! No more pictures!" I walked him to his door, and he didn't want to give me a hug but I did get a kiss "blown" to me. Sigh! I really am kind of sad, but I did not cry!



Conner with Nicholas on his first day. Both were convinced that the photo session was going to make them late.



Nicholas found a buddy (Bryant McMullin) from our ward walking to the Kindergarten area.


This is Mrs. Roe his teacher.



Waiting in line. I did get a kiss blown to me, but no hugs like the mom up the line!



Who's ready to start kindergarten?



After his first day. Still slightly annoyed with picture taking but he did indulge his mother again.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

ohmygosh that last picture is DARLING! You need to blow it up and frame it. What furry animal is his teacher holding? A coyote skin? :) Is the Green Beret army guy there to keep all the five year olds in line? I need one of those at my house! You did good not to cry, but in my opinion, the first day of first grade is the hardest, suddenly they are gone ALL day! Sorry, hope I didn't depress you. Congrats to Nicholas!