Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Salsa Party!

To bring in the fall good and proper I had a salsa making party.(parties) It was so fun to be able to hang out with my friends and sisters and make some yummy salsa. I was kind of like the Jedi Master and they were my padawan's. (Sorry about the star wars reference it's what goes on a lot here at our house :) I'm glad that I could pass on my salsa making knowledge that I learned from Yoda (My awesome MOM!) I had so many peppers from my garden this year that 15 batches of salsa were made without having to buy any peppers at all! Very cool I thought! I hope all that came had fun and will now pass on their salsa making knowledge to others so that we can make the world a better place. (If not more yummy!) Thanks to Brianne, Wendi, Jo, Lisa and Cyndie for coming. I had a blast!




Brianne and I peeling tomatoes.



Wendi sporting her happy salsa making face.




Cyndie and Lisa working hard!
















My cute sister did a batch of freezer corn in the middle of all this also. She's such a domestic goddess!


















Filling up the jars with all that gorgeous salsa.



Lisa slaving over the hot stove!



Joann measuring out her tomatoes. Look how nice those tomatoes look!



Look at all Lisa's pretty salsa!


These are the fruits of our labor all spread out on my counter top! Look how productive we were!

3 comments:

Brian and Melissa said...

Why wasn't I invited? I need to learn to make Salsa!!! You and your sister look so much a like :)

Robby C said...

mmmm...salsa.

By the way, you NEVER have to apologize for a Star Wars reference. I think it is Luke 31:16 that says “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Star Wars: for it is the power of the force to every one that believeth; to the Jedi first, and also to the Geek.”

Lisa said...

oh my gosh, this was the most fun day! Crazy, but tons of fun. And yes, I am still hoarding my salsa. I actually have it hidden, or it would be LONG gone by now! Thanks for all your hard work and patience!