Thursday, November 11, 2010

Life Comes At You Fast!

When we were ringing in the new year of 2010, we didn't have a clue that our lives would change forever. I realized towards the end of January that something was amiss. I wasn't feeling well and was extremely tired!

I was worried so I went to the doctor the day before we were leaving on a family trip to Zion's National Park. He confirmed my suspicions. I was petrified!! What was I going to do? This wasn't part of the plan. What would Troy think? I was afraid to tell him.

I decided to tell them all together on Valentine's Day. That way Troy couldn't freak out to much if the kids were there right? We were still in Zion's, and after Troy had hiked us for 9 miles that day, I gave them their valentines with the news. The boys got a baby bottle pop with the message "You are going to be a big brother", and Troy's was the ultrasound picture bearing the message "Will you still be my Valentine?" My fears were unjustified. Troy was thrilled!! I couldn't believe it! I was in tears and he is thrilled. The boys were jumping around and giving each other high fives. So began the Sorensen's adventure of 2010.


The plot of our adventure thickened when we found out that the new addition to our family would be a girl! I couldn't believe it and had them check the ultrasound twice that day, and every time after that when I had an ultrasound. Every time it was confirmed. So, I spent my time growing larger and sleeping, ALOT!  I also started to shop.


The boys continued to be so excited and couldn't hardly wait for September to come. They kept very busy and Conner started the 6th grade, and Nicholas began 2nd grade. This of course freaked their mother out further. I would have an 7 year old, 11 year old, and a newborn. Who's idea was this??

Troy began to plan and work hard. We had to make room for her. So Troy started finishing a room in the basement for the boys. He worked very hard. He also started honing his baby skills. Baby Kate was gracious enough to be the stand in. He also admonished me to keep my shopping to a minimum.

Troy the sanding bandit.



Then suddenly she was here! How did 9 months fly by that fast?

  After 1 1/2 weeks of false labor our sweet baby girl arrived on September 15th at 7:58 p.m.

   She weighed 8 pounds 5 ounces and was 19 inches long.




We were all in love with her from the moment we laid eyes on her. The boys couldn't get enough and Conner was pretty irritated with the grandparents at the hospital because they were cutting in on the time that he got to hold her.

Suddenly we were taking her home. It was still pretty unbelievable at this point.



However, Maren Dawn Sorensen is here to stay. She is the most beautiful thing we have ever seen. No matter how much you think you are in control, the Lord is in charge. And He knows what he is doing.


 Our adventure continues. We can hardly wait to see what will unfold.

7 comments:

Jodi said...

I love this post Dawn! Life can change when you least expect it and for you it was a big change! Congrats- she is so cute.
(And we have the announcement up in our office:)

Kati said...

OH,Yeah!!!! I'm so glad you posted on your blog!

And this post made me cry. Your family is gorgeous. I'm so glad you have a little princess now, to keep everyone on their toes. She is gorgeous!

Love Ya!

Brian and Melissa said...

Dawn that was the cutest entry ever!!! She is so cute! I am so excited for your family!!! I really need to come see this little girl and I can't believe how big your boys are now...

Keersten said...

It is so fun to hear the story behind this sweet girl! She is so beautiful and your announcement was darling! (And I am impressed you are one of those on-top-of-it moms that get baby announcements out!!)

Yolanda said...

We are so happy for you! What great news! So glad you sent us an annoucement - yeah!

I do have to say something about Troy's hair - hee hee.

Rich and Brianne said...

You blogged. Can't wait to meet the girlie! She really is missing out on the fun of Aunt Brianne.

Tania said...

Hey, I don't have your e-mail or phone number. We're going to be in Utah & I am having a little (40th - gasp) birthday gathering. I'd LOVE to see you. E-mail me at NYDowdles@verizon.net so I can get you the info.

And sorry to hijack this darling post to send this message, but I wasn't sure how else to get in touch with you!